Roast Chicken and Vegetables
1 x 1.5kg whole chicken
2 medium size potatoes, peeled
1 carrot, peeled
100g pumpkin, peeled
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 teaspoons Moroccan spice
1. Peel and chop the vegetables into medium sized chunks. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, rosemary and a dash of olive oil over the top, then mix to coat.
2. Using a paper towel, dry the skin of the chicken.
3. Zest the lemon on top of the chicken. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze half of the juice over the top of the chicken, then insert the other half of the lemon into the chicken’s cavity.
4. Sprinkle the Moroccan spice over the chicken, followed by some olive oil, then rub the spice and oil until the chicken is well coated.
5. Place the chicken onto the center of the Dynamic Crisp Plate, surround it with the vegetables and insert the chicken into the microwave. Press the Chef Menu button, then select option 2 for Chicken. Select option 1 for Roasted. Enter the weight of the chicken by using the dial. Select option 2 for Extra Doneness then select OK and it will start to cook. The amount of cooking time will depend on the weight of the chicken.
6. Remove the chicken with the Dynamic Crisp Handle. Cut the chicken into 8 portions, and serve hot with the roasted vegetables. Enjoy!