Fresh Prawn Salad with Rice
1 ½ cups jasmine rice
Grated zest of 1 lime and squeeze of lime juice
1 long red chilli, diced (optional)
500g cooked prawns, half peeled
1 red onion
200g green beans
1 red capsicum & 1 yellow capsicum, cut into chunks
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain, and then cool.
2. Bring saucepan up to a simmer and lightly blanch the green beans so they remain crunchy. Strain, run under cold was and set aside to cool. Squeeze lime juice over the beans.
3. Add a small amount of olive oil to a pan over a medium heat. Add the red onion and cook until slightly soft. Then add the capsicums and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
4. Peel half the cooked prawns and leave the other half whole.
5. On a serving plate, create a layer of rice, then continue to layer with the peeled prawns, green beans, capsicums, red onion and diced chili. Continue to layer until the salad is colourful and well layered with ingredients. Finish with whole prawns on top, lime zest and squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.