Gary’s Roast Chicken
1 large chicken
Few sprigs of rosemary
5 garlic cloves
2 red onions
Salt and pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees on fan force function.
2. Slice lemon into wedges and stuff into the cavity of the chicken along with a few sprigs of rosemary. Generously season the skin of the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Place a large baking dish on the cooktop over high heat. Tip: preferably use a dish that can be used on the cooktop and in the oven.
4. Once the dish has reached a high heat, add the olive oil.
5. Gently place the chicken leg side down, or on it’s side. Turn over so both sides of the chicken have caramelised and has a bit of colour. Place the chicken with breasts facing upwards.
6. Add the red onions and garlic cloves to the dish and transfer to the oven.
7. Cook on 180 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Once cooked, allow chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes to seal the juices and keep moist. Serve with a side of tasty vegetables.