Persian Style Meatballs
500g Chicken Mince
¼ cup Pistachios, finely chopped
¼ cup Dried Cranberries, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 tsp Ground Cumin
½ tsp Fennel Seeds, crushed
2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
½ Fresh Breadcrumbs
Zest of 1 Lemon
4 Pita Bread, cut into wedges
2 tbsp Olive Oil, plus extra
2 tsp Sumac
200g Greek Yoghurt, to serve
2 Lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
Fresh Coriander, to serve
1. To prepare the meatballs, add the mince, pistachios, cranberries, coriander, cumin, fennel, spring onion, breadcrumbs, egg and lemon zest in to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until well combined. Wash your hands and, using damp hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Flatten slightly, to increase the surface area for cooking, and set aside.
2. Preheat your Ariston oven to 180 degrees, fan forced function. Brush your pitas with olive oil, dust with Sumac and cut into small squares or triangles to serve with your meatballs. Place into oven for 6-8 mins or until golden brown and crisp.
3. In your Ariston Microwave, preheat the Crisp Plate on Dynamic Crisp function for 3 mins.
4. Lightly oil the Crisp Plate and arrange meatballs without overcrowding the dish. Cook on Dynamic Crisp function for 2 mins, turn, and cook for a further 2 mins or until cooked through.
5. Serve meatballs atop toasted pita with yoghurt, freshly squeezed lemon juice and some fresh coriander leaves.